Sunday 12 December 2010

The Final Pieces: The Film Poster and Magazine Front Cover


I am extremely pleased with the way in which my poster turned out. Although a few changes have been made to the layout, I am happy that I stuck by my initial ideas and that my vision was a success! The only thing I altered was the removal of the ghost child in the corner and I tweaked the tagline. Seeing as the poster no longer contained an additional character from the film, to have the tagline read 'united by pain' no longer made sense, and so I changed it to 'plagued by pain' as it refers to only the main character. There is no specific date stated or institutional information because I wanted this to stand as a teaser film poster.


I have to admit that I did find the process of creating the magazine front cover quite stressful. Having become immerssed within the world of filming and directing I feel as if I have discovered a hidden talent! Since beginning the process of constructing the still images, I felt as if my creativity was stunted and found it difficult to create a piece that looked authentic.

After playing around with different colours, fonts and placing pieces of text in different places, I felt like I finally found something that looked okay. Although I am not entirely satisfied with the results of my magazine and I even though I feel I have let myself down slightly, I am content in that I am starting to learn where my strengths lie within this creative subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment